Skip to content

Tax assistance for residents

Low income seniors (65+ years) or low income persons with disabilities who own and live in their own home for at least one year and meet the following criteria can apply for a  tax rebate on their annual property tax.

Every owner of the property must be receiving benefits under the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) Program, or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or must be the spouse of an owner receiving the GIS or ODSP benefit.

For example:

  • If a husband and wife own the property, either one must be receiving GIS or ODSP
  • If a husband and wife own the property with a sibling, the sibling and either the husband or wife must be receiving GIS or ODSP
  • If two siblings own the property, both siblings must be receiving the GIS or ODSP

If you qualify for the tax rebate, you’ll automatically qualify for a Stormwater Charge Subsidy. Single family homes will receive the subsidy on their Region of Peel water bill. Condominiums will receive a cheque mailed to them from the City of Mississauga.

Find out more about financial assistance for older adults.


How to apply for a tax rebate

Complete the tax rebate application and submit it in any of the following ways by December 31st of the year in which you’re claiming the rebate.

  • Mail to Mississauga Taxes, 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1
  • In person at 300 City Centre Drive at the cash counter on the Ground floor between 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. or at the property taxes customer service counter on the 4th floor, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Email:
  • Fax: 905-615-3972

Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant

The Province of Ontario gives a grant to help low income seniors with their property taxes . Find out more at Ontario Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant program.

How can we improve this site?