To apply for a vehicle brokerage licence you must maintain an office within the City from which the brokerage is operated.
You’ll also need to submit the following documents and pay the licence fee of $526:
- An Owner Licence Application. This must be completed by the business owner, partner, president or an authorized agent.
- Proof that the location of your business complies with the Zoning By-law, such as a Zoning Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Articles of incorporation or business registration documents
- A federal radio licence, if applicable
- A copy of brokerage rules and procedures including terms and conditions of payment to drivers
- A sample roof light or decal, if applicable
Renewing a brokerage licence
Taxi brokerage licences expire every year on February 28. Airport Transportation Vehicle Licences expire annually on March 31. A renewal notice will be mailed to the address we have on file for you.
To renew your licence you’ll need to submit the following documents and pay the renewal fee:
- A Licence Renewal Application completed by the owner or director
- Valid Master Business Name Registration, if applicable
- Zoning Certificate of Occupancy Application, if applicable
The fee to renew your licence is $490. If you pay the renewal fee more than 10 business days after your licence expiry date there will be an additional fee of $89.55.