Transportation Network Company Pilot Project
What documents, approvals and fees you need to apply for a Transportation Network Company (TNC) licence, as well as driver and vehicle requirements.
To operate in Mississauga, the TNC will need to provide the following:
- An Owner Licence Application
- The name, phone number and email of an authorized representative of the TNC
- A list of all drivers working for the TNC including their full names, licence plate numbers and the year, make and model of their vehicles
- Sworn declaration that all drivers have provided the required paperwork
- Insurance certificate with commercial general liability insurance for $5,000,000. The City must be named as additional insured with an indemnity clause in favour of the City.
- Sworn declaration that the TNC will maintain and deliver data securely and ensure all of their drivers maintain driver requirements
- A report from an independent third party auditor, if requested
If the company is a corporation, you’ll also need:
- Articles of incorporation or other incorporating documents (from the Province of Ontario or Government of Canada)
- List of directors
If the company is a partnership, you’ll also need:
- Name and address of each partner
- Registered business address and contact information of TNC
To operate in Mississauga, the TNC will need to pay the annual TNC licensing fee of $20,000.
All drivers must provide an:
- An acceptable criminal and driving record
- Automobile liability insurance for $2,000,000 with a Ride Sharing Policy
- An annual Safety Standards Certificate
Drivers must only accept trips requested through the TNC app. Drivers can only carry a maximum of seven passengers at one time (excluding the driver themselves).
All TNC vehicles must:
- Be four door and a maximum of seven model years old
- Be registered in Ontario
- Both the exterior and interior must be clean and in good repair
- Have working seat belts, heating, air conditioning and GPS navigation
- Be equipped with snow tires or all weather tires from December 1 to April 30
For more information, please contact 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.