Skip to content

Mobile business licensing

If your business operates outdoors, such as a tow truck, ice cream truck, food truck, refreshment cart, driving school or parking lot, it’s considered a mobile business.

Vehicles used by the general public like taxicabs and limousines are also considered mobile businesses. There are different licence requirements for owners and drivers.

How to apply for a mobile business licence

You can submit your documents in person to the Mobile Licensing Office, located on the ground floor at 3235 Mavis Road. Our office is open from Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Completing an application may not guarantee a licence. Vehicle inspections or site inspections may also be required.

If you have any questions about licence requirements, call 311 (905-615-431l outside City limits) or visit our office.

Requirements for different types of mobile businesses

How can we improve this site?