Skip to content

Film, TV and photography permits

You’ll need a permit to film on City of Mississauga streets, property and parks for commercial or student productions.

Apply for a film permit

You’ll need to complete and submit:

  • Film Permit Application
  • Proof of Insurance (minimum coverage must be $2 million per occurrence or more). The insurance must include the permit holder’s name and be completed, signed and stamped by the insurer or an authorized agent.

You may also need a:

Email your application and supporting documents to We’ll contact you to discuss the details of your permit and let you know when it’s ready.

Permits can be picked up at:

Mississauga Film and Television Office
201 City Centre Drive, Suite 202
Mississauga, ON L5B 2T4

Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 2 to 4 p.m.

During filming, you must keep your film permit with you at all times. All permitted vehicles will be issued a Location Filming Vehicle Permission Card which must be visible at all times.

Film permit fees

If your filming requires the use of a City street, sidewalk or boulevard, a fee of $385.00 plus tax will apply.

If you’re filming on City property such as parks, libraries or community centres, location fees will also apply.

Rush applications

If you need your film permit processed in less than three business days, email your application to Add “Rush” in the subject line and we’ll contact you by phone or email.

We cannot guarantee rush applications. A fee of $90.00 + HST will apply to rush applications.

During the winter, there are restrictions for road occupancy depending on the weather.

No on-street parking is permitted when the forecast for snow is 8 cm or more.

No overnight parking is permitted:

  • On residential roads when the forecast for snow is 5 cm or more
  • On industrial roads when the forecast for snow is 8 cm or more

If there is more snow than the amount forecasted, production companies will need to move their vehicles off the roads to allow snow plows to clear the streets.

If you’re a film student, list your school as the film company on your permit application. Your school must provide proof of insurance for you.

To film or take photos with a commercial drone you’ll need to follow all Transport Canada’s drone safety rules.

Prior to flight you’ll need to submit:


Apply for a photography permit

You can book a City facility online to take commercial photographs. Fill out the Facility

Rental Form and choose “photography” as the type of activity. After your application is submitted, the Customer Service Centre will follow up with you to confirm your booking.

You can contact the Customer Service Centre by phone at 905-615-4100 or in person at Paramount Fine Foods Centre, 5600 Rose Cherry Place from Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..

How can we improve this site?