If you’re a visitor, a new resident, or you just aren’t used to public transit, here’s how to use the bus in Mississauga:
- Find which bus route you need and check the nearest stop and scheduled departure times using the trip planner.
- Be at your stop five minutes before your bus is scheduled to leave.
- Let people exit the bus before you enter.
- Pay your fare when you board the bus. You can pay with cash or a PRESTO card, and ask the Transit Operator for a transfer if you need to switch to another bus.
- If you’re standing on the bus, make sure you’re behind the yellow line and holding onto the hand rails. Avoid crowding near the front of the bus to give other people room to board.
- Pull the cord or push the button to request a stop.
- Make sure you have all your belongings with you before you exit the bus.