Student Ambassador Program
If you’re a high school student who wants to be involved in your school community and earn your volunteer hours, you can apply to become a MiWay Student Ambassador.
You’ll help to promote the benefits of public transit to your peers. It’s also a great way to learn about event planning, public speaking, digital communication and leadership.
Check the leaderboard to see the number of points your school has earned so far this year.
See where your school is currently ranked.
Last updated: April 28, 2020
|1||St. Joan of Arc Catholic Secondary School||81.0|
|1||St. Joseph Secondary School||81.0|
|1||John Cabot Secondary School||81.0|
|1||Our Lady of Mount Carmel Secondary School||81.0|
|1||Erindale Secondary School||81.0|
|1||Rick Hansen Secondary School||81.0|
|2||Port Credit Secondary School||76.0|
|3||Mississauga Secondary School||70.0|
|4||Loyola Catholic Secondary School||66.0|
|5||St. Martin Secondary School||60.0|
|6||West Credit Secondary School||57.0|
|7||T.L Kennedy Secondary School||51.0|
|8||The Woodlands Secondary School||47.5|
|9||St. Paul Secondary School||44.0|
|10||Philip Pocock Catholic Secondary School||37.0|
|11||Meadowvale Secondary School||36.5|
|12||John Fraser Secondary School||36.0|
|12||Iona Secondary School||36.0|
|13||Glenforest Secondary School||35.0|
|14||Stephen Lewis Secondary School||33.0|
|15||St. Francis Xavier Secondary School||24.5|
|16||Lorne Park Secondary School||24.0|
|17||St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic Secondary School||22.0|
|18||St. Marcellinus Secondary School||21.0|
|19||Applewood Heights Secondary School||20.0|
|20||Streetsville Secondary School||18.0|
|20||Father Michael Goetz Secondary School||18.0|
|21||Cawthra Park Secondary School||15.0|
|22||Clarkson Secondary School||8.5|
Who can apply
You must be a registered student at a school in the Peel District School Board or Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board. You can apply as an individual or as a team of two. Only one individual or team will be chosen from each school.
Applications are now closed for the 2020 to 2021 school year.
What an ambassador does
As an Ambassador, your role is to promote MiWay and help educate your peers about the benefits of public transit.
You’ll do different activities throughout the school year, like:
- Attend the kick off meeting and network with Ambassadors from other schools
- Create and share social media content
- Produce videos and radio-style advertisements
- Host a MiWay information table or other special events at your school
Prizes and perks
You’ll earn points for each activity you complete throughout the year. The Ambassadors who earn the most points will earn prizes like gift cards, a smart watch, or free transit for an entire year.
Read the full program rules and regulations here.
Ambassadors representing the top three schools will also be recognized at a Mississauga City Council meeting. All participating schools will receive pre-loaded PRESTO cards for students.
If you have any questions about your application or throughout the program email us at email@example.com.
The winning ambassadors from previous years were:
- Kaamil Quidwai from Meadowvale Secondary School – 2018 to 2019
- Cliantha Fernandes and Alwin George from St. Marcellinus Secondary School – 2017 to 2018
- Shambhavi Sole and Sandy Liang from Rick Hansen Secondary School – 2016 to 2017
- Menatalla Ibrahim from Father Michael Goetz Secondary School – 2015 to 2016
- Jane Jomy and Uswa Zahoor from Glenforest Secondary School – 2014 to 2015
- Nareshi Babu and Nikhita Kapoor from Stephen Lewis Secondary School – 2013 to 2014
- Scott Hladun and Devika Matkar from Stephen Lewis Secondary School – 2012 to 2013
- Syed Kamran and Umar Bhutta from Gordon Graydon Secondary School – 2011 to 2012
- Miranda Pinto from Erindale Secondary School and Samriti Chand and Dhyani Patel from Port Credit Secondary School – 2010 to 2011