Route 19 Hurontario changes begin April 27
We’ve changed our local service along the Hurontario corridor to minimize impacts to travel and deliver reliable service during Hurontario Light Rail Transit construction (HuLRT).
HuLRT construction began in March 2020 and will temporarily reduce lanes on parts of Hurontario Street during the construction phase. Metrolinx is planning for the service to open in Fall 2024.
There are three major changes starting on April 27, 2020:
- Route 19 Hurontario will be split into two new routes: Route 17 Hurontario and Route 2 Hurontario
- Route 19 Variants (19A, 19B and 19C) will be cancelled
- Route 25 Traders Loop will be revised to provide service to portions of the former Routes 19A and 19B
Note: Route 103 Hurontario Express will continue to travel on Hurontario Street between Brampton Gateway Terminal and Port Credit GO Station. It does not stop at City Centre Transit Terminal. Service reductions are in effect on this and other routes until further notice.
New local routes replacing route 19 Hurontario
Route 17 Hurontario (Monday to Sunday)
The new Route 17 will travel between the highway 407 Park and Ride and City Centre Transit Terminal at Square One.
Route 2 Hurontario (Monday to Sunday)
The new Route 2 will travel between City Centre Transit Terminal at Square One and Port Credit GO Station.
Schedules for the new Hurontario local Routes 2 and 17:
Weekday Service 24-hours Monday to Friday:
- 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. arriving approximately every 10 minutes
- 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. (overnight): arriving approximately every 15-20 minutes.
- 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. arriving approximately every 15-20 minutes
- 11:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. arriving approximately every 30 minutes
- 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. arriving approximately every 15-20 minutes
- 11:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. arriving approximately every 30 minutes
Connections at City Centre Transit Terminal
With Route 19 splitting into two new routes, you may need to change buses at City Centre Transit Terminal to continue your journey along Hurontario.
The new routes are both located at platform E of the City Centre Transit Terminal. Buses are scheduled to minimize transfer wait times between Route 2 Hurontario and Route 17 Hurontario. View our City Centre Terminal Map to find the Platform E location.
These routes will be interlined between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m., so you won’t need to transfer when your route ends at the City Centre Transit Terminal; you can stay on the same bus to continue your journey.
Route 19 variants 19A, 19B and 19C are cancelled
Connecting with Route 25 Traders Loop from Route 17 Hurontario
Route 25 Traders Loop will be revised to provide service to portions of the former Routes 19A and 19B
- Travelling west of Hurontario (former Route 19B): transfer at Matheson Boulevard and Hurontario Street
- Travelling east of Hurontario (former Route 19A): transfer at Watline Avenue/Milverton Drive and Hurontario Street
Travelling to Trillium Hospital
Alternate routes for customers who took routes 19A and 19B:
Please note: Customers may also take Route 2 Hurontario destined to Trillium Hospital and alight at Hurontario Street and Queensway E (located approximately 350 metres from the hospital entrance). View our Trillium Health Centre Terminal Map for stop locations.
Alternate routes options
These routes service corridors adjacent to Hurontario Street, and will provide connections for customers traveling north or south of the City or into Brampton:
- Route 53 Kennedy travels along Kennedy Road and Central Parkway East, servicing the Highway 407 Park and Ride and Central Parkway Transitway Station.
- Route 66 McLaughlin travels along McLaughlin Road between City Centre Transit Terminal and Sheridan College in Brampton
Use our trip planner for full trip details.