MiWay Five Transit Service Plan
The MiWay Five Transit Service Plan (2016-2020) is moving Mississauga’s transit system from a design that radiates from the city centre to a grid network. This allows for more frequent and direct service along main roads.
As part of the transit service plan, every six to eight weeks we schedule service updates on different routes.
These updates mean:
- Enhanced grid network to provide stronger corridors
- More frequent service on main corridors
- More service outside of weekday rush hours
- More express service between key destinations
- Integration with the Mississauga Transitway
- Direct connections between major transit hubs
- Improved connections with GO stations
- Improved service to major employment areas
- Improved service to colleges and universities
- Improved connections to neighbouring communities
Every year since the launch of MiWay Five in 2016, we host public information sessions about the upcoming annual service plan to ask the community for feedback on recommended route changes.
Before we implement the annual service plan, we analyze this feedback as well as patterns in transit ridership throughout the year. This analysis helps us to make adjustments to the plan during the year to best serve our customers.
Here are the dates we’ve scheduled for changes in 2020:
- June 1
- August 3
- September 7
- October 26
- December 21
These are the proposed service updates and the bus routes that may be impacted in 2020.
To view updates that are already in effect, visit the service updates page.
Improving service reliability along the Hurontario corridor in anticipation for LRT construction
Date: August 3, 2020
Revised routing for Route 103 Hurontario Express to eliminate service duplication and increase service reliability.
Seamless Connections with the New Kipling Station (Toronto)
Date: Fall 2020
Routes relocated from Islington Station to the new Kipling Station:
- 1 Dundas / 1C Dundas-Collegeway
- 3 Bloor
- 11 Westwood
- 26 Burnhamthorpe
- 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line / 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line
- 70 Keaton
- 71 Sheridan-Subway
- 76 City Centre-Subway
- 101/101A Dundas Express
- 108 Meadowvale Business Express
- 109 Meadowvale Express
Map of MiWay by 2020
This map shows what the transit system will look like once the MiWay Five Year Transit Plan has been fully implemented by December 2020.
Every autumn we host public information sessions about the transit plan. During these sessions we ask for your feedback on the route and schedule changes we’re recommending for the upcoming year.
To share your thoughts, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-615-4636.