The Library charges fines for late returns, lost or damaged items. If you have received a fine, please visit your local library to pay in person. If you would like to pay your fines by phone, please call Central Library at 905-615-3500.
If you owe more than $20, your account will be blocked and you won’t be able to borrow, renew or place holds on any items.
The library accepts payments until 15 minutes before closing.
Books, DVDS, magazines, CDs
- $0.35 a day up to a maximum of $10
Lightning loans, video games, launchpads
- $1 a day up to a maximum of $10
- $5 a day up to a maximum of $25
Chromebooks and laptops
- $550 replacement fee
- $10 a day up to $50
Museum and park passes
- $1 a day
The Library uses a collection agency to recover outstanding fines of $20 or more. Additional fines may be added to your account.
Other fines or charges
- Holds on items not collected or cancelled – $2
- Lost or damaged items – replacement cost in full
- Replacement library card – $2
- Non-resident card – annual fee of $30
- Lost park or museum pass – $25