What you need to bring
To get a library card, bring identification with your name and address on it in to any library location. If you’re not a resident, bring proof of employment, property ownership or attendance at a school in Mississauga.
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence
- A valid Ontario photo card
If you do not have a valid Ontario driver’s licence or photo card, you must present one piece of identification from each of the two lists below.
Accepted proof of identity
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Employer-issued photo ID card
- Old age security identification card (senior’s card)
- Permanent resident card
- SIN card
- Student ID card
- Certificate of Indian Status
Accepted proof of address
- Any benefit statement issued by the Government of Canada
- Bank account statement
- Employer record (pay stub or letter from employer)
- Insurance policy
- Driver’s licence
- Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
- Property tax assessment or bill
- School report card or transcript
- Utility bill
You can change your email or phone number by calling us. To change your address you must come to the Library with proof of address.
Lost or damaged library cards
If your card is lost, damaged or stolen, you can bring your ID to the library and pay a fee of $2 to replace it.
Updating your library account
To update the information on your library account, please visit the library with proper identification.