The Mississauga Public Library Board discuss, set and govern policy intended to improve the City’s library system.
The Board meets on the third Wednesday of each month, apart from July and August from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.. All 2019 meetings will be held in the Board Room, 3rd Floor, Central Library, unless otherwise stated.
The current board is as follows:
- Margot Almond, Ward 1 resident
- Priscilla Mak, Ward 6 resident
- Wahab Mirjan, Ward 6 resident
- Val Ohori, Ward 1 resident
- Laura Naismith, Ward 6 resident
- Carol Williams, Ward 10 resident
- Councillor John Kovac (Ward 4)
- Councillor Matt Mahoney (Ward 8)
How do I become a Board member?
Present to the Board
Members of the public are free to present to the Board on a subject concerning the Library.
If you wish to speak about an upcoming agenda item, please let us know three working days before the next board meeting. If you have a new item to discuss, requests to speak should be made by 4 p.m. on the Monday of the week before the board meeting.
You can present for a maximum of five minutes unless the board agrees to an extension.
Agendas and meeting minutes
If you have a question or want to speak to a member of the Library Board, please contact:
Director of Library Services
Tel: 905-615-3200 ext. 4988