The City of Mississauga (“the City”) attempts to keep the information on this Internet website current, accurate and complete but reliance upon any materials on this site shall be at your sole risk. All such information should be verified independently before being used or relied on. The City assumes no responsibility for any damages arising out of the use of this site.
The materials on the City’s website are provided “as is”. The City does not make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, non-infringement or reliability of the use of the materials on this website or otherwise relating to these materials or on any sites linked to this site. Links or references to other websites or organizations do not imply endorsement or approval by the City of Mississauga.
Conditions of use
The text, images, and data (the “Materials”) are provided by The Corporation of the City of Mississauga (“Mississauga”) and/or its licensors and may be subject to the rights of third parties. Materials are the property of or licensed to Mississauga and are protected by intellectual property laws and regulations including relating to copyrights, trade-marks, trade-names, internet domain names, and other proprietary rights.
Access to and use of the Materials are subject to the acceptance of the following covenants, terms and conditions:
- Users may download one copy of the Materials for the sole purpose of non-commercial personal or private use or study if and only if all copyright and ownership notices contained on the Materials are retained and displayed together with the URL www.mississauga.ca or the URL displayed in connection with the Material.
- In the event that the Materials are cited as having third party rights, the Users shall ensure that they obtain the express written permission of the owner of that copyright before making use of the Materials and shall ensure that ownership is cited.
- The User shall not in any way alter, manipulate or modify the Materials or otherwise distort the Materials. The User hereby indemnifies Mississauga, and/or its licensors for any actions, damages, costs, losses or claims brought or assessed against it for any inappropriate use of the Materials.
- In the event that the User wishes to make use of the Materials in any other way than is permitted herein, express written permission must be obtained. The right is reserved to deny such requested access, at the owner entity’s sole discretion.
Social media terms of service
The City of Mississauga recognizes that social media platforms are important for communicating and engaging with residents. In order to provide a space that is open and friendly, users on our channels must agree to the following Terms of Service.
Our Administrators reserve the right to block members and delete the following comments or messages:
- Messages that are hateful, offensive, discriminatory, violent, sexual, or comments that contain personal attacks, encourage or incite hatred or violence or reasonably compromise public safety
- Messages that are illegal or encourage illegal activities, including defamation, fraud, breaching privacy, copyright, or intellectual property rights
- Messages containing spam or posts for commercial advertising purposes or endorsements
- Repetitive posts or frequently duplicated unrelated messages
- Messages that falsely claim to represent a person or organization or posted by someone using more than account
Please be aware of the following:
- The City’s liking, following, retweeting, messaging, or sharing of content should not be interpreted as any kind of endorsement
- When you engage on City of Mississauga social media, you are always subject to the host website’s Terms of Service
- The City is not responsible for any personal information or other information posted on public social media channels. All personal information on public social media channels is considered a record available to the general public in accordance with section 27 of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- The City may collect some of your information only when necessary for the proper administration of a lawfully authorized activity (for example, filling in a pothole) in accordance with MFIPPA 28(2) and under the authority of section 11(1) and 227(c) of the Municipal Act
All information used for engagement with our social media channels is subject to collection by organizations outside of Canada or storage and access on servers not belonging to the government
Please protect other’s privacy. Unless you have the consent to do so, do not post any personal information of other’s including:
- Identifying particulars, such as a picture of someone’s face
- Name, email address, phone number, or address
- Criminal, health, employment, or financial history
- Identifying numbers
This Terms of Service is subject to change without notice.
Questions or concerns about the City of Mississauga’s social media activity or the City’s social media policy should be addressed to Rob Cummins, Manager, Corporate Marketing 905-615-3200 ext. 5043.
Web privacy statement
Most of the information accessible on the City’s website does not require you to identify yourself at all. You may access it anonymously. However, the City of Mississauga does collect personal information about you when you choose to provide it. We endeavour to collect only as much personal information as is absolutely necessary to assist you in conducting business with the City via the website.
The City of Mississauga endeavours to provide you with multiple service “channels” for conducting City business (e.g. walk-in, mail-in, fax-in, phone-in, etc.) in addition to the Web. If at any time you have concerns about using the Web channel to conduct your City business, you can rest assured that we will always provide you with an alternative (traditional) service channel as an option.
Purposes for which we collect personal information
We collect and retain personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests for services, products or further information
- To communicate with you regarding services or products that you have requested – for example to send you a statement or a receipt
- To identify you if you have a query or concern about the service or product that you have requested
- To advise you about changes to our web service offerings and of service interruptions
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Correcting or updating personal information
If your personal information changes (e.g. name, address, postal code, telephone number, etc.), or you no longer desire our services, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove this information. Details of how to do this are usually provided on the web page where the information is collected or displayed.
Use and disclosure of personal information
The City of Mississauga is the sole owner of the information collected on its site. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and gain your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the City of Mississauga unless we first notify you and ask your permission.
The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below. The City may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- For the purpose of acting in an emergency or in compassionate circumstances to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track clients’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may occasionally report aggregated demographic information in the form of reports and statistics but this is not linked to any personal information that can be used to identify any individual person.
From time-to-time our site may request information from you via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you have a choice of whether or not to disclose the information requested. Survey information will be used solely for the purposes of monitoring and/or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. If you choose not to participate in surveys, you will still be able to use our site or request services or products from us.
Protection of personal information
The City of Mississauga takes every precaution to protect your personal information on the internet. We protect your account information by requiring you to enter a unique Login ID and password each time you want to access your account information. Your password should never be shared with anyone.
Questions about the collection of personal information should be directed to the City’s Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator. Email, phone and mail addresses can be found under exceptions.
The City uses SSL encryption technology to protect personal information (e.g. credit card numbers, etc.) during transmission. A security icon will appear in your browser window to indicate that you are using a secure site.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security of our website, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be certain exceptions to the City’s Privacy Statement. Any and all exceptions will be clearly identified at the moment that information is being gathered.
For more information, or if you have questions or concerns, please contact the City’s Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator:
By email at: email@example.com
By telephone at: 905-896-5421
By mail at: Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, Office of the City Clerk, City of Mississauga, 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5B 3C1
Notification of changes to the privacy statement
If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post those changes on the City’s home page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under which circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Links to other websites
The City’s website contains links to other sites (e.g. community links, business links, etc.). Please be aware that the City of Mississauga cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. When you leave our site, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of each and every website that you visit before you provide any personal information. The City’s privacy statement applies solely to information collected on the City’s website.
Translations of text and webpages on the City of Mississauga website are performed by Google Translate. Google Translate is a free online language translation service which can translate text and web pages into different languages. Please note that not all text may be translated correctly or be translated at all.
You agree that when a translation is complete, you assume the risk of any inaccuracies, errors and omissions therein. You agree that the City of Mississauga shall NOT be held responsible or liable for any damages or losses that may result from your reliance upon or use of Google Translate.
If you have any questions about Google Translate, please read the Google Translate FAQs.
Google Calendar disclaimer
By using the Google Community Events Calendar (the “Calendar”), you agree that any Information such as suggestions, ideas, comments, or event details you send to City is non-confidential and you have all rights and consents to submit such Information. Furthermore, by submitting any solicited or unsolicited information using this Calendar, you grant City an irrevocable, royalty-free and unrestricted worldwide license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display, and distribute such Information for any purpose whatsoever to the extent permitted by law. You are responsible for the Information that you submit to City and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold City harmless for any and all claims related to you submission. City may update the Calendar from time to time. However, you agree that City does not guarantee or accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the Information on the Calendar.