The Community Recognition Program lets you recognize and celebrate special occasions and events which create a spirit of community, celebrate Mississauga’s diverse cultures and contribute to enriching the quality of life in our City.
Organizations can request recognition by a flag raising or Civic Centre clock tower lighting.
- Flag raising and lighting requests must be submitted at least six weeks in advance
- Organizations can select only one recognition option (flag raising or lighting) per year
- Requests must be made annually; they will not carry over year after year
Recognition items are issued at the discretion of the City of Mississauga. Requests will be reviewed and evaluated in the order they are received.
Types of recognition
The City of Mississauga will raise a flag for community or non-profit groups and organizations that meet the criteria in the Community Recognition Policy. The requestor will be responsible to provide the flag.
Flag raisings will be performed on a flag pole designated by the City on the Mississauga Celebration Square and digitally on the Mississauga Celebration Square screens, as available and in rotation with scheduled programming. The flag will be in place for one day (up to 24 hours).
View our full list of City flag raisings.
Clock tower lighting
If you’re representing a community or non-profit group, you can request a lighting of the City Clock Tower by emailing us at email@example.com.
Your email should include:
- The date you’d like to have the clock tower lighting
- The title and a brief description of the event you’d like to recognize
- Your name and contact information
- The name of the community group requesting the clock tower lighting
The clock tower will be lit for one evening on the approved date.
View our full list of clock tower lightings.