To plan, develop, construct and maintain a multi-modal transportation system which efficiently and safely moves people and goods, respects the environment and supports the development of Mississauga as a 21st Century city, while serving the municipality’s social, economic and physical needs.
The services we provide
- Engineering and construction
- Transportation and infrastructure planning
- Works, operations and maintenance
Interesting facts about this service
- At a replacement value of $4.4 billion, our road and bridge infrastructure is the largest City-owned and operated asset.
- More than 5,660 lane kilometres
- 500 kilometres of bike lanes, multi-use trails and off-road trails
- 269 bridges and culvert structures
- The City’s cycling network includes approximately 500 kilometres of on-road bike lanes, boulevard multi-use trails, off-road trails, and ‘bicycle friendly’ signed roadway. Through the Cycling Master Plan, the City plans to develop more than 900 kilometres of on and off-road cycling routes in the next 20 years.