To achieve compliance with municipal by-laws and provide services in a safe and professional manner to maintain order, safety and community standards in the City.
The services we provide
Regulatory Services responds to service requests from the general public, City staff, the Mayor and Council. Addressing these requests may include investigating the issues, interpreting the by-laws and, when required, enforcing these by-laws.
Some of the key Regulatory Services include:
- Investigation of standards of care complaints for pets
- Parking considerations for property owners requiring temporary additional parking
- Physical inspections of vehicles licensed by the City
- Research and detailed reporting on issues of significant municipal interest which may be addressed through amending existing by-laws or establishing new by-laws
Interesting facts about this service
- Regulatory Services staff actively enforce 35 by-laws including the Zoning By-law, Property Standards By-law and Animal Care and Control By-law
- The division received more than 40,000 requests for service are received each year
- More than 1,500 resident requests for enforcement of tall grass and weeds standards were investigated last year
- Animal Services has exceeded the industry gold-standard for save-rate since 2016
- Regulatory Services recovers operating costs through revenue generation
- Over 35 by-laws actively enforced