To lead environmental sustainability in Mississauga by empowering people to take environmental action.
The services we provide
The Environment Division drives environmental sustainability in Mississauga by providing:
- A framework for the City of Mississauga and the community to take action on climate change
- An efficient waste diversion and recycling program for City of Mississauga facilities
- Awareness and education for residents and City staff to take environmental action
- Environmental strategic planning and advice to develop plans, policies and programs that advance the City’s environmental priorities
Interesting facts about this service
- $450,000 invested for climate change action plan
- Leading the City’s response to climate change
- Engaged 10,000 people in environmental education and outreach at 60 community events throughout Mississauga in 2018
- Managing 150 Green Leaders across the City in environmental action
- Leading and administering six corporate waste diversion programs
- Greening the City’s culture by infusing environmental considerations into City projects
Since May 2019, the City’s Environment Division is now part of the Parks and Forestry Division and called Parks, Forestry and Environment.