Resources, tools and information to help Mississauga businesses recover from the impacts of COVID-19 including:
- A business relief portal with information on government programs and incentives
- Health, safety and re-opening resources aimed at informing and supporting your business
- Sector specific resources aimed at helping your business effectively and safely re-open
- Opportunities for business to contribute to COVID-19 causes
- Relevant news and updates for the business community
- Free webinars to help businesses respond to the impacts of COVID-19
Restaurants and bars
Limits to restaurant capacities
On August 7, 2020 City Council passed a by-law to cap restaurant capacities:
- Limit of 100 patrons
- Limit of 10 people seated at a table in an indoor or outdoor area of a restaurant or bar
The By-law will be in effect until October 1, 2020.
Temporary patio permits
Starting on June 24, 2020, restaurants and bars with a valid 2020 business licence can expand outdoor seating and dining areas to help meet COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Learn more about temporary patio requirements and find out if you need a permit.
Business licenses that have expired since March 1, 2020 are extended until further notice.
All fines, penalties and late fees have been temporarily suspended for any licence that has expired after March 1, 2020.
New licence applications are suspended until further notice. Complaints related to business licensing will still be investigated.
Ontario Business Information Line
If you are an Ontario business owner who has questions or needs more information about reopening, you can call this toll-free information line at 1-888-444-3659.